Looking for the perfect Amsterdam studio to create your E.P.?
Even though an E.P. is usually only 3 or 4 songs, there is often a lot riding on this recording. It’s your make-or-break calling card and your ticket to a full album if you succeed. At Key Element studio’s we understand where you’re coming from and we know how important this is for you.
Creating an E.P. is usually not something you can do in a day. You need a bit of extra time, space and above all, the right vibe to unlock your creativity. Often the time-pressure and lack of proper technical resources can be a big annoyance when creating an E.P. Especially on a budget. You want to feel comfortable you have enough time, and confident that no unforeseen technical problems can ruin your session or put you way over budget.
Over the years we’ve learned from our experiences and we’ve created a special studio deal that will give you absolutely the most E.P. your money can buy.
For € 600 you’ll get
– 2 Days of recording, (16 hours) with full band setup.
– 4 hours extra for overdubs or tracking. (not full band)
– Great location and cool vibe of the Da-Vinci creative spaces.
– Professional sound engineer + gear.
– Two parking spots. (biking is healthy though)
– Flexibility in planning.
– Giant (45 m2) live room with great acoustics.
– Isolated control room (18 m2)
– Unlimited freshly ground coffee (keep it healthy though..)
– ‘On the fly’ stereo mixes of your tunes.
– Spacious extra booth € 50 per day (in case you’d like to, for example, isolate your vocals)
– Daan Herweg’s Yamaha C5 grand piano € 20 per day,- (Tuning € 85,-)
– Rhodes Mark I € 10 per day,-
– Night sessions? € 10 an hour extra. (We are talking serious after hours here after 22:00. Not just a bit of overtime thats on us)
– Assistent engineer € 15 an hour.
What is ‘a day’
A day for us at KEM is 8 hours. But it’s also from when you start (early morning or afternoon) untill that moment where ideas and creativity dry up and we all get tired, all within reason and common sense.
Terms and conditions.
-We ask you to use your 80 hours within 6 months after we reach agreement.
-You either pay 50% up front and 50% after or everything up front.
-On the fly’ editing and mixing can work well for acoustic bands but it does not substitute a real professional mix job, especially when your project is more complex.
-When you choose to use your remaining hours for mixing and or editing it does not mean we guarantee a full mix for that you usually need extra time.